Effective Date: July 1, 2022
Last Updated: July 5, 2023
For our California Privacy Notice, please click here. For more information about Chevron’s California-specific privacy practices, please see Chevron’s California Supplemental Privacy Statement.
This Policy contains the following sections:
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Children Under 16
- Choices Regarding Your Information
- California Privacy Notice
- Storage and Transfer of Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Third-Party Links
- How to Contact Us
- Changes In Policy
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you and about you on this Platform in connection with the Program. Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mobile phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- Personal Information You Submit. We may collect personal information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. This may also include any personal information you give us in relation to your account.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the services in which you are interested or have considered. We may also collect personal information about your consuming history or tendencies.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your age, gender, and zip/postal code.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect information about the city or state where you are located. We may also collect geographic information based on your IP address. When you use the mobile application, we may also collect your precise location, including through GPS.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
Other Personal Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your personal information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you register for an account or submit an inquiry to us. We also collect your personal information when you download or use the mobile application.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect personal information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving personal information from our service providers and business partners, including analytics vendors. We may also receive personal information from Chevron in relation to the Program.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine personal information that we collect offline with personal information we collect through our Platform. We may also combine personal information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To Administer the Program.
- To Run and Improve Our Platform and Business. We may use your personal information to make the Platform, the Program and our business better. We may also use your personal information to provide you with communications, including about the Program.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted or Required By Law or Contract. This includes our contract with Chevron.
- As Requested or Directed By You.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share personal information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
- As Requested or Directed By You.
Children Under 16
The Platform where this Policy is located is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at ChevronTexacoRewards@cstoresupport.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- In addition, below we have provided general instructions on how to control tracking activity on your browser and device:
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection.
- Flash Cookies: You may need to take an additional action to manage flash cookies, which you can learn more about here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- Token-Based IDs: To opt-out of token-based ID advertising, click here.
- Interest-Based Advertising: You can submit an opt-out request to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program (click here) and/or the National Advertising Initiative (NAI) (click here). These are tools that provide individuals with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes by participating companies.
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on the Platform, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
Depending on your state or country of residents, you may have the right to request that we:
- Confirm whether or not we are processing your personal information and provide access such personal information.
- Correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of your personal information.
- Delete personal information provided to us by or obtained by us about you.
- Provide you with a copy of your personal information that you previously provided to us in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format.
In addition, when you provide us with personal information, you consent to our processing it as described in this Policy. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, subject to exceptions provided by law. Please note that if you withdraw consent for the processing of personal information that is needed for us to provide our products or services to you, we may no longer be able to provide those products or services.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (together, the “CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section describes our personal information practices offline and online, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that this California Privacy Notice applies only to Drop Tank’s collection and use of your personal information in administering the Program with Chevron Corporation. For more information about Chevron’s California-specific privacy practices, please see Chevron’s California Supplemental Privacy Statement.
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” or “commercial purposes” or for “sale” or “sharing” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- For a description of the categories of personal information that we collect in relation to the Program, please see the “TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section of this Policy.
- We may collect personal information as described in the “HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy
- In the past twelve (12) months, we have disclosed each of the categories of personal information identified above for “business purposes,” as defined in CCPA. These purposes are as described in the “HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy. We have not disclosed this information to third parties (e.g., non-service providers) in the past 12 months other than as directed by you or with your consent.
- We may share personal information we collect with third parties as described in the “HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Correction. This means that you can request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- Limit the Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. The CCPA provides a right for consumers to request that business limit the use or disclosure of their “sensitive” personal information. In our normal business operations, we do not process “sensitive personal information” as that term is defined under CCPA. Please do not submit this information to us.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Our PI retention criteria: CCPA requires that we disclose the criteria we use to determine how long we will retain each category of personal information. Oftentimes, our records contain several of these categories of personal information combined together and therefore we consider, on a case-by-case basis, a number of factors to assess how long PI is retained. These factors include what personal information is reasonably necessary to (i) provide our products and services or administer our relationship with a consumer; (ii) protect our business, employees, organization and others; (iii) fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations; and (iv) investigate and address issues which may include safety concerns, potential security incidents or policy violations.
Agents. Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request. California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us at ChevronTexacoRewards@cstoresupport.com. Please include your name, email address and mobile phone number and indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
Additional Information about your California Rights. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at ChevronTexacoRewards@cstoresupport.com or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Note that this section does not apply to personal information collected on behalf of a third party, including Chevron. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of our customers, or to exercise your privacy rights with respect to the personal information that we collect on their behalf, please contact them directly.
Storage and Transfer of Personal Information
Personal information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Personal information processed and stored in another country, including the United States, may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Platform or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your personal information, please feel free to contact us at ChevronTexacoRewards@cstoresupport.com. You may also write to us at the following address:
Drop Tank, LLC
c/o PDI Technologies, Inc.
14241 Dallas Parkway, Suite 400
Dallas, TX 75254
Changes in Policy