We hope you were able to join us for the live webinar “2023 Trends: Navigating the Convenience Industry.” If you weren’t able to participate, we invite you to read the summary below or view the on-demand webinar here.
We kicked off the webinar with PDI CEO Jimmy Frangis and PDI COO Linnea Geiss discussing some of the top trends and innovations that will impact the fuel and convenience retail industry in 2023 and beyond.
In addition to sharing some compelling industry statistics, Jimmy and Linnea provided their insights and guidance on how to operate more efficiently during an uncertain macroeconomic climate.
Both highlighted the need to adapt quickly to fluctuating market dynamics by using flexible technologies and streamlined operations to overcome staffing shortages, high inflation rates, and other challenges.
In particular, Jimmy and Linnea outlined some key traits and activities that separate top c-store performers from the rest of the pack, including tips such as:
- Doubling down on the use of consumer data to better understand changing behaviors and generate actionable insights
- Finding ways to counteract potential decreases in consumer spending
- Better utilizing existing investments to improve efficiency without breaking your budget
- Identifying which operations to manage in-house and when outsourcing makes good financial sense
- Strengthening your cybersecurity posture to avoid ransomware and other threats
Jimmy and Linnea also answered questions from the audience, addressing everything from the importance of loyalty and the growing value of sustainability programs to improving foodservice operations and why optimizing fuel pricing is such a key factor in remaining profitable.
One common theme at the heart of all these trends and recommendations is the growing need to leverage open architectures that improve technology integration, leading to a more connected convenience ecosystem. By connecting convenience across the entire industry supply chain, PDI can help you and your business succeed regardless of what market dynamics are on the horizon for 2023.
You can thrive in today’s digital economy. Contact us today to learn how we can help you transform your business.